December 28, 1998
Hosted by Tony Schiavone, Larry Zbyszko, Mike Tenay, and Bobby "The Brain" Hennan
Live from Baltimore, Maryland
• Pre-recorded footage was shown of Eric Bischoff, Scott Steiner, Curt Hennig,
Bagwell celebrating Bischoff's Starrcade
victory over Ric Flair.
• Ernest Miller defeated Shima Nobunaga with a Roundhouse Kick.
- Ernest Miller bragged about being the greatest and insulted the crowd. Chris
Ralphus, and Shima Nobunaga made their
ways out. Jericho said that he and Ralphus would watch Nobunaga's back in his
with Miller. Miller easily won the match with a
• Norman Smiley defeated Chavo Guerrero, Jr. by making him submit to the
- Both Norman Smiley and Chavo Guerrero, Jr. show-boated a lot. Smiley took
with the Chicken Wing.
• Pre-recorded footage was shown of Raven (Scotty), his mom, and Kanyon
arriving at a
huge home. Kanyon was amazed by the
size of the house. Raven's mom was going to make Raven and Kanyon a ham
and some milk. Raven wanted an alcoholic
beverage, but his mom and Kanyon said "no." Raven and Kanyon sat down to
television, but it wouldn't turn on.
• Booker T.defeated Fit Finlay with the Missle Dropkick.
• Ric Flair Interview - (Conducted by Gene Okerlund)
- Ric Flair came out with a bandage on his forehead and his luggage. He
just arrived in the Baltimore Arena. Flair
admitted he got his ass kicked at Starrcade, and he was ashamed of himself.
he was told by many close people that "it was
over and to come home," but he went to Baltimore instead. Flair started pulling
expensive clothes, money, watches, shoes,
and more, saying that they all weren't his. He started tearing up $100 bills,
shoes in the crowd, until he was left only with his
boxers on. He challenged Eric Bischoff to a match for later in the show, where if
he would take over WCW for 90 days, but if
he lost, he would have to retire. He handcuffed himself to the ring, and said he
leaving. He said if Bischoff turned the camera
off, he would be naked when it came back on. WCW did go to a commercial
once returning, Bischoff made his way down -
limping. Bischoff provoked Flair, but Flair couldn't go near Bischoff because he
handcuffed. Bischoff said he enjoyed torturing
Flair, and even stole his money that was laying on the floor. Bischoff told Flair to
down, or he would die of a heart attack. Flair
responded by saying, "The day I die of a heart attack will be the day I'm on top
girlfriend." Bischoff accepted the challenge,
and the match was set for later in the show. Flair swore a lot and was bleeped
out a lot.
• Barry Windham defeated Prince Iaukea with a Bulldog.
- Barry Windham dominated Prince Iaukea and easily won with a Bulldog.
• Tom Hatchison Interivew - (Conducted by Gene Okerlund)
- Tom Hatchison was a WCW security official. He had the stungun Scott Hall
Starrcade on Goldberg (security cophiscated it).
He explained what exactly a stungun was and what it could do to a human
• Diamond Dallas Page Interview - (Conducted by Gene Okerlund)
- Diamond Dallas Page discussed his victory over The Giant at Starrcade. He
The Giant was one of the strongest men in
professional wrestling, but he knew he would be able to execute the Diamond
DDP said that Ric Flair would destroy Eric
Bischoff later in the show. He was also upset that Scott Hall used the stungun
Goldberg at Starrcade.
• Backstage, The Wolfpac got upset at Disco Inferno for interfering in the
Title match at Starrcade. Kevin Nash told
Disco would wrestle a match later in the show to gain his Wolfpac stripes. It
unknown whom Disco's opponent would be.
• Eddie Guerrero and Juventud Guerrera (w/LWO Bodyguard) defeated Kidman
Mysterio, Jr. with Guerrero's Frog
- Eddie Guerrero was very upset at Juventud Guerrera throughout the match.
messing up. Kidman and Rey Mysterio, Jr.,
however, worked very well as a tag team. After Juvi nailed Mysterio on the
the ring with a flying maneuver, Guerrero
finished off Kidman with the Frog Splash.
• Kevin Nash Interview, with Lex Luger and Konnan.
- Kevin Nash said he wasn't happy with his Heavyweight Title victory over
Starrcade. He said his match was not about
money or power. Nash announced Disco Inferno would take on Bam Bam Bigelow,
Disco won, he would become a Wolfpac
member. He said he was still friends with his buddy Scott Hall. He also mentioned
had respect for Goldberg. He demanded
that the WCW Executive Committee give him a Heavyweight Title rematch with
the following Monday on Nitro, live from the
Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
• Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Disco Inferno with Greetings from Asbury Park.
- Disco Inferno, at one point, hit the Chartbuster, but Bam Bam Bigelow easily
of the pin. Bigelow later hit Greetings from
Asbury Park, to take the win. Disco would not become a Wolfpac member.
• Backstage, Curt Hennig and Eric Bischoff were warming up for the match with
• Dr. Charles Brock - Ric Flair's physician - determined that Ric Flair did not have
attack a few weeks ago, but was
food-poisoned with a toxin called digitalis. The source of the intoxication was
• Backstage, Gene Okerlund walked into Eric Bischoff and Curt Hennig's locker
Bischoff was really upset, saying the doctor
was wrong. Bischoff said he didn't do anything wrong.
• Scott Steiner (w/Buff Bagwell) defeated Konnan by making him submit to the
Recliner, to become the new Television
- Before the match, Konnan nailed the NWO Referee with a Face Buster. Scott
surprisingly agreed to referee the match.
Buff Bagwell interfered several times in the match, until Lex Luger came down to
care of him. Steiner put Konnan in the Steiner
Recliner, to become the new Television Champion. Bagwell and the NWO Referee
was wearing a bandage across his nose)
came back down celebrate the victory.
• Scott Hall defeated Brian Adams (w/Vincent) with the Outsider Edge.
- Before the match, Scott Hall said that Kevin Nash was right about three things
money, money, and money. Hall sads that Nash
was also the guy that he didn't use to be, and was upset that Nash didn't invite
the victory party the night before after
Starrcade. Hall finished off the match with the Outsider Edge from the top rope.
• Ric Flair defeated Eric Bischoff by making him submit to the Figure-Four
take over WCW for 90 days.
- After Ric Flair made his way out, Eric Bischoff went to the other side of the
area to get into his limosine. When going
inside the limosine, The Four Horsemen popped out and carried Bischoff to the
was all over Eric Bischoff. He later threw
the referee half-way across the ring. NWO-Hollywood members tried to interfere,
Four Horsemen took care of them. More
came out, including The Giant. A returning Randy Savage came down, along with
beautiful young woman. Diamond Dallas Page
also came down. He was wearing an NWO-Hollwyood T-Shirt, and exchanged
with The Giant. Out of no where,
Savage low-blowed The Giant, and clotheslined him out of the ring. Flair then
Bischoff in the Figure-Four Leglock, to take
the victory and to take over WCW for 90 days. Konnan, DDP, Booker T., Larry
Tony Schiavone, The Four horsemen,
and more came down to help out to celebrate Flair's victory.